Welcome to a new kind of freedom, and a new kind of online public high school.
Traditional high school isn’t always the right fit. Now there’s a better way to get a great public high school education, with the freedom you need to succeed.
Insight Schools is different because it brings a tuition-free individualized high school experience within your reach in an online environment. It meets today’s high school students right where they already are: online. It’s a public high school offering:
- A rigorous curriculum with more than 120 courses to choose from including:
- Foundation courses
- Comprehensive, or core courses
- Elective courses
- Honors and AP (Advanced Placement) courses
- Vocational and skill-building courses
- Experienced state-certified teachers that know how to inspire
- A diploma recognized by colleges and universities nationwide
- Options to earn college credit while completing your high school graduation requirements at Insight
- A program designed around each student’s goals, needs and learning style
- Access for both students and parents to our teachers and iAchieve Advisors so everyone can see progress, together.
A chance to focus on a quality education free of distractions.
High school students today face many challenges, not all of them helpful.
- We recognize that each student learns best at their own pace, in their own way, and in a location that’s most comfortable for them.
- Insight gives every student the chance to excel without many of the distractions common in high school today.
- Insight students attend class online, from anywhere they feel most comfortable.
When students don’t have to cope as much with peer pressure, bullies, or living up to labels (to cite a few examples), they’re better able to focus on learning and achieving, and less on surrounding drama or other distractions
All the support you need to make high school work for you and your future.
Insight Schools combines state-of-the-art online teaching techniques with experienced, state-certified teachers to create an environment where high school students feel engaged, empowered, and challenged.
- Insight provides coursework and assignments that leverage the online learning environment by incorporating audio, video, live chat, and group interactions to make learning interactive, interesting and effective. Our Individualized Assignment option gives students flexibility and different ways to demonstrate mastery of a subject.
- Our iExplore program helps map out career and higher education plans by offering a career planning tool and suggested course groupings, mentorships and internships.
- Our interactive virtual classroom sessions include one-on-one student-teacher meetings, live instructional sessions, a national speaker series and more.
- Our iThrive Resource Center goes beyond academic support to offer a wide variety of essential services including employment assistance, social services and many others.
- Insight students have extensive access to one-on-one time with teachers and iAchieve Advisors as well as 24/7 on-demand academic tutoring when a student needs a little extra help and a teacher is not available.
Start well and stay on track
Everything you need to start and finish strong.
Insight uses an online placement tool called Scantron to better understand your current reading, language and math skills. It’s a great way to help you chart a path to success, right from the start. Benefits include:
- Appropriate course placement
- Identifying your strengths and areas of opportunity, so you enjoy a more individualized educational experience
- A consistent way to chart your progress in reading, language and math
Our iAchieve Advisors and online iLearn resource tools help you get on track, and stay on track:
- iAchieve Advisors guide you on an individualized learning path specific to your needs and goals. Through weekly contact, they offer time management and study skills assistance, connect you to appropriate academic support and engagement activities, and help you stay on track for graduation.
- iLearn is found on iCentral—a great online student resource center available 24/7. iLearn offers a host of valuable resources to help you succeed at Insight including:
- Time management tips
- Templates you can print to easily track assignments
- Videos to help hone your study and test-taking skills
- Software tutorials, and much more!